Part II Listening Comprehension (25 minutes)
Directions: In this section, you will hear three news reports. At the end of each news report, you will hear two or three questions. Both the news report and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Questions 1 and 2 are based on the news report you have just heard.
1. A) Her friend Erika. C) Her grandfather.
B) Her little brother. D) Her grandmother.
2. A) By taking pictures for passers-by. C) By selling lemonade and pictures.
B) By working part time at a hospital. D) By asking for help on social media.
Questions 3 and 4 are based on the news report you have just heard.
3. A) Finding cheaper ways of highway construction.
B) Generating electric power for passing vehicles.
C) Providing clean energy to five million people.
D) Testing the efficiency of the new solar panel.
4. A) They can stand the wear and tear of natural elements.
B) They can be laid right on top of existing highways.
C) They are only about half an inch thick.
D) They are made from cheap materials.
Questions 5 to 7 are based on the news report you have just heard.
5. A) Endless fighting in the region. C) Inadequate funding for research.
B) The hazards from the desert. D) The lack of clues about the species.
6. A) To observe the wildlife in the two national parks.
B) To identify the reasons for the lions’ disappearance.
C) To study the habitat of lions in Sudan and Ethiopia.
D) To find evidence of the existence of the “lost lions”.
7. A) Lions walking. C) Some camping facilities.
B) Lions’ tracks. D) Traps set by local hunters